So, for the rest of this week, I thought I’d post a few of my go-to recipes from my Pinterest page, Everything Paleo at Kim Smyth.
I love chocolate chip cookies, so when I get a craving, I turn to this version from Texanerin Baking which are gluten free,grain free, dairy free and vegan. Don’t let all that fool you though, these cookies are seriously delicious!
Here is the recipe and thank you to Erin for providing it!
1 Cup blanched almond flour
1/4 Cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 Tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, room temp (firm though not melted)
3/4 Cup coconut sugar
6 Tbsp natural almond butter (no sugar added)
1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Lg egg
1 1/4 Cups paleo friendly chocolate chips (I prefer dark) EnjoyLife makes the best!
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the fat and sugar at medium speed until well combined, about one minute.
- Beat in the almond butter and vanilla on medium speed and mix until combined. Beat in the egg on low until well incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in one cup of the chocolate chips. If you used coconut sugar, place bowl in the fridge for about one hour til firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat (my preference)
- Roll dough into balls and place 3″ apart the mash slightly with the palm of your hand (or the back of a spoon)
- Bake for 11-14 min. or until the surface of the center no longer appears wet.
- Let cool on the baking sheet. Store in airtight container for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for a week.
Go to my Pinterest page for complete recipe and all of her notes, I simplified things here.
Do note that this recipe will NOT work with peanut butter.
That’s it for today, come back tomorrow for another delicious recipe and maybe a story to go with! Join in the fun by suggesting and/or providing your own recipes. Comment below or shoot me an email, see you tomorrow on the patio!